MJO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MJO

Mouvement de la Jeunesse Orthodoxe

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the sin

Go down 
+3
Rami.Hosni
b.skaf
Michel.Dib
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Michel.Dib

Michel.Dib

Number of posts : 348
Localisation / Branch MJO : LEBANON/Tripoli
Registration date : 2007-03-22

the sin Empty
PostSubject: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 4:39 pm

what is a sin???
is there a big sin or a small one?
Back to top Go down
b.skaf

b.skaf

Number of posts : 266
Localisation / Branch MJO : CHARBILA/AKKAR
Registration date : 2007-03-20

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:21 pm

mish ma3leish 3azzib halak shway wi2ri:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin#Christian_views_of_sin
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.CHARBILA.4T.COM
Rami.Hosni

Rami.Hosni

Number of posts : 365
Localisation / Branch MJO : Paris /Tripoli-Mina
Registration date : 2007-03-19

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:28 pm

Bach, shou ra2yiak t3azeb halak kamen w t2illna your point of view? Smile
Back to top Go down
b.skaf

b.skaf

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:29 pm

ana 2ilit ra2yi already, bass mish ma 3am yi2tini3 ma3i
Back to top Go down
Rami.Hosni

Rami.Hosni

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:35 pm

where is it?
Back to top Go down
b.skaf

b.skaf

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:40 pm

this is my opinion: a sin is wen you create a distance between you and god, when you allow evil to play his role and create a gap between you and ur god.
according to our orthodoxy, a sin could be well known for the person commiting it, or could be unknown, "2oughfour lahoum ye abati l2annahoum le yadroun meza yaf3aloun"...
also a sin could be categorized into three cats: "alkawl walfi3il walfikir"
catholoic church categorizes sin into two cats"khati2a moumita, wakhati2a ghayr moumita" in orthodox church we dont have this categorization though we do beleive that there is sins serious enough to bend someone from holy communion however other sins are not that serious, and could be forgiven by saying "2ifshin el2i3tiraf" "2ou2miou ya rabbi wa2a3tarif..."
Back to top Go down
b.skaf

b.skaf

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:41 pm

rami check mawdou3 alab alrou7i
Back to top Go down
Rami.Hosni

Rami.Hosni

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 7:21 pm

Ok Thx Bachir

Autrement dit, a sin is a state of forgetting God.
c'est ridicule quand les naifs demandent: "mon Père, est ce que faire cela est un pecher ou pas?"...

Je pense aussi, bien que la situation reste situation de pecher, il y a des grands pecher: se mettre en colère contre qq'un est moins grave que le tuer.

Les pères de l'église nous ont parlé du grand pecher: l'egoisme et la puissance, l'amour du pouvoir. que la Genèse en a parlé, et Jesus en a refusé.
Back to top Go down
Caro

Number of posts : 34
Localisation / Branch MJO : Lebanon, Mazra3it Yashou3
Registration date : 2007-07-02

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 8:30 pm

hello,

I agree bashir, but in my opinion that's not enough for me.

A sin, without exagerating but with understanding, is also not taking care of yourself, your body, your mind, your soul, your mental capacity and your psyche. That's where sins begins besides what we beleive is sinfull in our church.

Because I beleive that I have to take care of all this aspect of myself to be able to be as God want me to be, to make it possible for God to use me and to show himself to other people through me. For the glory of God and for beeing able to give not only God to other but also many good ideas.

I mean it is a sin if we don't take enough care of ourselves and our humanity, because maybe It will be harder to give God to others when we aren't in a good shape in all these levels.

The secound commandment of God is to love others as you love yourselves. And one cannot love other if one don't love himself/herself.

When one is strong and in a good shape in many levels then it will be possible to give onself to other also. I mean that you will then be there complitly for others best and for God's Glory.

And I think also that to take care of all this aspects of life make it much easyier to do what God want us to do, with the bible as starting point for that.

Best Regards
[/img]
Back to top Go down
Y.

Y.

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2007-03-24

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 10:36 pm

i think it is not important to categorize sin ,small or big , because when we natoub wa na3taref allah yaghfer lana, so what is the importance of the volume of the sin??? nothing.
my conclusion is:
a sin can be dangerous if it brokes the relations with god
neither big nor small
Back to top Go down
Caro

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 11:07 pm

Don't we also have to think about our relation to ourselves??? when we think about what sins are??

In my opinion, and maybe I am wrong, the relation with God is so exagerated in the churches, that there is no speech in the churches about our realtion to ourselves. I do neither accept that or understand it.

How can I make a real relation with the Creator, when I am also beeing teached, maybe indirectly, to egnore myself. How can God the creature make a relation with someone if this one are ignoring himself/herself, and not taking oneself seriously. As human beeing with mind/mental capacity, soul, heart, feelings, psyche, fysiologi, sociological life....that we have to take care of and have a good relation to and treat with very respekt and love. So we can also have a good relation to God. So we can see ourselves and thank God for creating us, and to be able to see our soul's beauty and praise God for what he gives us. To look to our body and see what God created (a usfull and beautifull body). Not as a sexy. NO!! But as a place where God can apear!!!!

And thanks..
Back to top Go down
Rami.Hosni

Rami.Hosni

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:40 am

From now, i will try to write only in English, so Caroline, Roni and Bashir understand me (in fact i am not so sure because of my english skills:p)

It's very important what you said Caroline,
in a book of Costi Bandali called "Alsouboul ila llah" he consacred a whole chapter to show how great is a human, and how great is the creation, this was impossible without the creator.

i also remember the prodical son who "when he came to himsel" was the start of his repetence.

love of human to each other, the hospitality, laugh of a baby, the calm of a old man's face, a meet of friends, the beuatiful time...all that is the presence of God.
Back to top Go down
Caro

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:55 am

I hope that you (everyone)can understand me, I don't argue to just argue. I am doing that because some things in the church make me upset, maybe because I don't know everything about it after all these years here in sweden. But i also just want to put some ideas that I believe is important and that I don't really know anything about what other think about them. That's why I think this forum is great.

So I would like to know more about ur opinion. Because I want to use my knowledge in sociologi, and gender studies for the service of others and if possible for the service of God and the church. That's why it's very important to me to hear your opinion in what I am saying

Bests regards
Caroline
Back to top Go down
Caro

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:01 am

I also believe that we have to fokus on all these things that I wrote from the beginning of this topic as much as we focus on making a good relation to God. because the ones that I wrote about gives more possibility to be with God and to understand Him better.
Back to top Go down
Rami.Hosni

Rami.Hosni

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:02 am

Don't hesitate to post new topic for what you disagree in our church and we can all disuss them.

this was a parentheses, back to the topic posted by Michel.
Back to top Go down
jana_mrad

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2007-05-15

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:28 am

hello all Very Happy
caroline, about what u wrote about taking care of ourselves and loving ourselves and To look to our body and see what God created (a usfull and beautifull body) and all what u wrote regarding this point, i think u may be right, but for me loving ourselves and our bodies must be very limited in order not to fall in " 7obb el zat" and "takabbor", we should just take care of our bodies coz they are "hayakel lel rou7 l kodos" and this is the only reason for me.
also jesus said " la tahtammou bima talbasoun aw ma ta2kouloun" and he showed us how god takes care of all his creatures , "outloubou awalan malakout alla wa berrohou wal baki youzad lakom". Wink
i'm sure that no one hates himself and the "masochistes" are few so we should always be humble and "moutajarridin min al houmoum l douniawya"
Back to top Go down
Caro

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 10:00 am

I agree with you, but u maybe understand me wrong. I can write everything at once that's why.

I will give u exemple which I guess are familier to u.

U take care of ur body by sports, eating right, sleeping 7 or 8 hours etc.. this will affect ur mind, your soul, and your capacity to do whatever you have to do, studies, work, family and not least your life with God spirituallly and your relation to Him and its influence on your relation to other, also your relation to urself!!

When I say look to our body, I don't mean wasting time in front of the mirror etc.. No. But how many times do we thank God for the ability of walking for exemple, for existing, for having so beautifull hands, in the way of Gods creation, how many times are we happy for having this body, that without it we can not do anything. The body is not only an instrument for women beeing sexy. The body is more then that. If we see it as a gift from God so we should be happy that it function so well because this will not be the case when we get older.

When God create everything and human beeinggs He said that everything was Good. That what I meen to look to our body, to be conscious about it in a good way not in a bad way, because it is a good gift from God. It is a sin, in my opinion, if we don't treat it with full respect. and this respect and understanding of what God gives u make u happy if u understand how amazing it is to only have this body, the haykal a´l Rou7 el-Kudus, amazing because of it's what God create, not because of how women and men use it nowadays!! Amazing because it function independently of you and your will. But By God. and it is able to exist then endependently of your will.
It is haykal el-rou7 el kudus, well. My question is, if you have haykal allah between your hands all the day. how do u do then? Don't you like it more because of that?? and treat it with love and respect because of the fact that God have accepted to live there!
Back to top Go down
Caro

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 10:10 am

there is more exemple I will write later..

But I guess the church or some leader in it knows what they have been teaching in earlier years and that was wrong. and that's why i also be upset because of that. Maybe everyone will not think the same, but I guess there is some who agree.

I mean this teaching about the body as sinfull an worldly so u can feel that u have to despise it. And this is a wrong way. You can discuss this with others if you want, in your church, to see. But it's not sure they will agree in how I put it.

But anyway I belive also in the importance of fasting, also cause we love ourselves and we want to do good things to ourselves etc..
Back to top Go down
Georges fattouch

Georges fattouch

Number of posts : 8
Localisation / Branch MJO : Menieh-Tripoli
Registration date : 2007-04-01

the sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: the sin   the sin Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 2:34 pm

the sin is: al bo3d 3an allah .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the sin Empty