MJO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MJO

Mouvement de la Jeunesse Orthodoxe

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

praying to dead people

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
taghrid.nassour

Number of posts : 3
Localisation / Branch MJO : Miniara/Akkar
Registration date : 2008-06-30

praying to dead people Empty
PostSubject: praying to dead people   praying to dead people Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 10:49 am

hi guys, can anyone give me informations about this subject?are there any biblical references that there is a second chance of salvation after death?what is the orthodoxy belief based on?is it that someone can change the decision of God of the punishment?how can i, a mistaken person who it's hard to save myself, save someone else?why isn't there in the orthodoxy a "Purgatory"?isn't it like the human being has had many chances in his life to accept God????...
actually what made me have these thoughts are the scriptures Luke 16:26 and Luke 16:31.
thanks anyway
Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Rami.Hosni

Rami.Hosni

Number of posts : 365
Localisation / Branch MJO : Paris /Tripoli-Mina
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: praying to dead people   praying to dead people Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:01 am

Hello Taghrid
I think God is love, he does not punish anyone.
He is always knoking the door waiting us to open it.

"any biblical references that there is a second chance of salvation after death" => I do not think.

But God is merciful, that why He can change his mind if we pray for anyone.Even if he is dead.
that is why we pray: Lyakon zikrouhou mou2abadan.
Back to top Go down
taghrid.nassour

PostSubject: Re: praying to dead people   praying to dead people Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 7:14 pm

mmmmmmm....
okey God is love, but he doesn't punish anyone!!!!!kif?leish la2?
tayyib hayda l ensen who didn't open the door 4 God, he deserves a salvation just because someone prayed to God to save him and forgive him!!!!
aslan shou biysir bl ensen after he dies????
thanks anyway Rami
ciao
Back to top Go down
Rami.Hosni

Rami.Hosni

Number of posts : 365
Localisation / Branch MJO : Paris /Tripoli-Mina
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: praying to dead people   praying to dead people Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:15 pm

How can you imagine Him punishing his creatures?
In what image? by sending them a cancer? or accident?...I think it is ridiculous.

In the prodigal son parable (Luke 15) how the father react when his son divided his father's goods and traveled so far?
He was waiting him, every day, and when he saw him, yet a great way off, he had compassion, ran and kissed him.

Nobody DESERVE salvation, the salvation come only from God love. (Rahmé).and only if the person accept it.
For that we ask God to have mercy on the death. Allah yerhamo.

In Orthodox Faith, we do not claim any knowledge about the status of the soul after the death, we only know that they are in front of God Light.

By the way, you are from the family of the new Bishop Nassour?

Glad to see you here.
Cheers!
R
Back to top Go down
Y.

Y.

Number of posts : 425
Registration date : 2007-03-24

PostSubject: Re: praying to dead people   praying to dead people Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 12:38 am

salut taghrid ...welcome!

Quant à la vie apres la mort je pense que notre theologoe est une analyse de ce qui vient dans l'evangile et ce que disent les peres saints et ce que dieu a fait illustré pour eux. (par exemple l'analyse des discours eschatologiques et de quelques paraboles(la3azar wal ghaniy)).

dans la theologie orthodoxe on croit que l'esprit apres la mort sera dans une"periode d'attente" du messie(almaji2 al thani).
l'esprit va dans le paradis ou bien dans l'enfer(3ala 7assabi a3malihi) (avant que Jesus vient).

-) s'il va au paradis..il sera en paradis apres que Jesus vient

-) s'il va a l'enfer ..il n'a que la chance de nos prieres pour etre sauver apres que Jesus vient(jnezeh , zekraniyeh,salawet..)où bien il va etre à jehan.

et comme un exemple de la priere: le pere saint Payissios le grand ..il a prié a jesus pour sauver son eleve de l'enfer au paradis et Jesus a accepté.(voire le livre de St.Payissios le grand)

Quant à la question : est-ce que dieu punit les hommes?
je pense que dieu se comporte avec nous comme le pere avec ses enfants(abana) et il puni (voire amssal 3:11)ou bien ce verset dans le psaume"adaban adabani al rab wa ila lmawt lam yousslemni) c suffisant pour comprendre le comportement de dieu.

w ya hala bi taghrid
Back to top Go down
taghrid.nassour

PostSubject: Re: praying to dead people   praying to dead people Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Okay…
Hi Elias…merci, ahla fik…what’s up???
Rami, cancer, bad accidents, other bad stuff in life are not punishments from God, of course, I think bad things are “tajerib” maybe or things from Satan or “adaban” as Elias says…. By punishments I meant heaven and hell… so u think that no one is going to hell!!!!...
And okay, the story of the son and the father proves that God accept our regret and is merciful…great....
Another question; in Luke 16 He says: “alyawm toutlab rou7ouka minka”, min li byetloub l rou7????
Kamen, why these days: the third, the ninth, the fortieth, the year memorial…why we pray in these days???
(Yes the new Bishop and I are from the same family but we are not related, ya reit…)
Thanks guys
ciao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: praying to dead people   praying to dead people Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

praying to dead people
Page 1 of 1